Skip to main content

The Dave Roll Waterloo Christmas Light Ride on 29th of November

     Yes, we are starting a Waterloo Christmas ride. It is not intended to do anything other than be a reason to ride a bike a short distance and be around others. The length is a whopping 3 miles. To sum that is more miles than they have rode for the previous 10 years. That is the person I want there. If you want to bang out miles and demonstrate your cycling skills, there is a ride in Cedar Falls on the 5th of December for that.  I believe they are meeting up 6pm and leaving from Overmen Park. 

     When: 29 November 2023 @ 6pm

     Where: Kingsley Elementary School parking lot.  On the street parking is fine, look for No Parking sides.

     Route: Link Here on Strava App

     Ending: Lighthouse Lounge, bring a bike lock.   Parking is extremely limited, Also it is a Cash Only Bar.

     See what happens this year, and may be this grows, who knows.  I started the Cedar Falls one, and it has taken off.  I am not aware of a Waterloo one.  If one exists, my bad, not competing, just not aware.  

- Cheers and Season's Greetings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A glimpse behind the podcast

       If you know you know Guitar Ted and I have been doing a lot of Podcasting in the last year.  I can hear the improvements already.  I have my issues, and I tend to over speak Mark way more than I should.  In my defense, some pauses seem to be extraordinarily long and feels like dead air.  So I interject.  Then I listen back and I hear no pause  In the moment it seems like a life time has passed. We chat over text messages about topics or subjects we are interested in or exploring.  That is how we develop our subjects for a show.  I have asked for and I really want to do a interview with a specific person that may be controversial.  But I am also ignorant to a lot of things, so maybe the time is never right for that interview, who knows?  I do enjoy some of the feed back from the shows.  The ones I love is "not enough time spent on a topic".  I enjoy those comments.  I really want to say, you sir are correct that is intentional.  If we dove into topics fully, we would be

#BikeIowaCity with Core4

 P ost 36:     Iowa cycling will be getting a new  race.  Reading the early information teases, I can tell you three things.  The race is named Core 4 , it will be on the 27th of August, 2022, and it will be inspired by the  Rule of Three race.         I am excited by being able to go to a race that has a distance of 100miles, and riding tarmac, gravel and single track from Sugar Bottom to Coralville.  I am not sure where the start and finish line, but I know the general area it will be in.       For now race fans, I would say plan on a 40mm or wider tire.  I am guessing it will be a 100 mile-ish course with some of the charting I have seen.  For now as information comes out, I would encourage following they Instagram account Core4.bike or follow the Hashtags #core4gravel and #bikeiowacity.  Cheers and Godspeed Dave